On October 13th we had about 18 knots from the north, it turned out to be a lot of fun on the Phantom!
The NP V8 8.0 really came into its own and powered up the Phantom properly, I tweaked the rig a little bit, boom at correct height, harness lines balanced, etc.
The board is still a rocket upwind, railing nicely and easily, while still being perfectly in control. But where it really excelled was on the reach, planing easily and quickly, and maintaining plane during the lulls, nice control and speed, and the gybes were superb! I was carving and planing out of them even though I hadn't sailed in four years! What a blast! The reaching straps were easy to reach and comfortable to sail in.
There was plenty of people on the water, mostly kiters but about 5 other windsurfers on RS:Xs, everybody was having a great time, and we are certainly looking forward to more days like this!
Good winds!
No comments:
Post a Comment