Friday, September 14, 2012

Struggling

Some times getting back on the water is Not as easy as one would expect. Old gear breaks, monofilm tears and something as simple as a downhaul line can make you wanna poke your eyes out...

After way too many years of not rigging my 8.0 (it's a Neil Pryde V8 StreetRacer with a ShearTip!!! Just to give you an idea) the trusty downhaul line snapped and I almost made a back flip. After driving all around the island I couldn't find the kind of rope I needed for my downhaul, living in an island of the coast of Mexico there's no abundance of windsurfing shops!

A friend of mine had some rope to spare so we can rig and now I only have to patch all the rips in the monofilm... Not how I expected to spend my afternoon, well hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to test the new board...

In the mean time I'll grab a cold one and start working on the rips...

See you on the water!!! (tomorrow)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment